- ‘Junior’ doctors: what’s in a label?
- GP Sceptics podcast 12: Doctors’ resilience
- GP Sceptics podcast 11: Medically Unexplained Symptoms
- How to measure med student empathy
- The Fed endures, and so must we
- Tamiflu: an expensive lesson in panic stockpiling
- GP Sceptics podcast 10: GPs at the Deep End
- Pain clinics: how did such a fresh idea turn sour?
- Not just a GP – I’m your specialist in uncertainty
- GP Sceptics podcast 9: The Environment
- Let’s celebrate the bolt-cutter surgeon
- Greater transparency on specialist fees: a no-brainer
- Four Corners Big Vitamins exposé: cuts both ways
- Five reasons why I’d still encourage my child to do medicine
- GP Sceptics podcast 8: Marketing
- Google Health Cards: the first test drive
- GP sceptics podcast 7: EBM Hijacked!
- Does the weather affect our joints?
- GP Sceptics podcast 6: Obesity – Christmas edition
- Anne Deveson, who destigmatised schizophrenia
- Why ‘medicine for the rich’ is sometimes inevitable
- GP Sceptics podcast 5: Lyme disease…don’t get sold a lemon
- GP Sceptics podcast 4: Addiction
- Homeopathy: US mandates ‘No evidence’ labels
- With Obamacare gone, how will Trumpcare affect US health?
- Mothers, don’t plan on early delivery unless it’s medically necessary.
- GP Sceptics pod3: Pain
- GP Sceptics podcast 2: Diabetes
- Starts at 60 interview
- GP Sceptics podcast 1: Big Soda
- Coffee – safe even if your heart is a bit dicky
- Do GPs ever regret referrals?
- Pharma targeting nurses for ‘education’
- Deprescribing: a fancy word for ceasing?
- Eat like an Italian
- Diagnostic health apps: coming soon to your smart phone.
- Paracetamol and pregnancy: what’s the fuss?
- Does complementary medicine equal anti-vax?
- Pharmacy business model: consumers at risk
- Does high antibiotic use prevent serious complications?
Tag Archives: GP
We grill the resilient Dr Genevieve Yates about what it takes for doctors to thrive in a tough environment. Work-life balance, as it turns out, might be a false dichotomy. Continue reading
I specialise in managing chaos. I am the lion who watches, the uncertainty whisperer. Just a GP, really. Continue reading
A podcast on obesity – the perfect Christmas gift for GPs. Liz is doing a PhD on obesity management in general practice, so Justin mainly just listens in awe. Continue reading
Lyme disease down under – myth or legend? Prof Frank Bowden from ANU tells it from a sceptic’s perspective. Bonus talk: sentinel chickens and sex before sport. Continue reading
Guest GP Dr Hester Wilson, drug & alcohol specialist, discusses baclofen for alcohol addiction. And sings opera. Continue reading
Sceptical medicos Justin and Liz take on the analgesics industry. And give various cognitive biases a run for their money. Continue reading
Justin and Liz ask the hard questions and give the easy answers about diagnosis of diabetes. Continue reading