- Tiwi GP – I can run, but can’t hide
- Coleman’s guide to poisoning and the dark arts
- Bad Habits
- Avoiding doctors like the plague
- Podcast 14: Alcohol-related harm in general practice
- Managing diabetes is not all about expensive medication
- My perfect medical statistics day
- GP Sceptics podcast 13: Nurses’ conflicts-of-interest
- A textbook case walked into the room
- Vitamins: mostly harmless, mostly profitable
- Post-truth therapy: alternative medicine with alternative facts
- Drug seeker basted me like a turkey
- 48-second GP consultations
- ‘Junior’ doctors: what’s in a label?
- GP Sceptics podcast 12: Doctors’ resilience
- GP Sceptics podcast 11: Medically Unexplained Symptoms
- How to measure med student empathy
- The Fed endures, and so must we
- Tamiflu: an expensive lesson in panic stockpiling
- GP Sceptics podcast 10: GPs at the Deep End
- Pain clinics: how did such a fresh idea turn sour?
- Not just a GP – I’m your specialist in uncertainty
- GP Sceptics podcast 9: The Environment
- Let’s celebrate the bolt-cutter surgeon
- Greater transparency on specialist fees: a no-brainer
- Four Corners Big Vitamins exposé: cuts both ways
- Five reasons why I’d still encourage my child to do medicine
- GP Sceptics podcast 8: Marketing
- Google Health Cards: the first test drive
- GP sceptics podcast 7: EBM Hijacked!
- Does the weather affect our joints?
- GP Sceptics podcast 6: Obesity – Christmas edition
- Anne Deveson, who destigmatised schizophrenia
- Why ‘medicine for the rich’ is sometimes inevitable
- GP Sceptics podcast 5: Lyme disease…don’t get sold a lemon
- GP Sceptics podcast 4: Addiction
- Homeopathy: US mandates ‘No evidence’ labels
- With Obamacare gone, how will Trumpcare affect US health?
- Mothers, don’t plan on early delivery unless it’s medically necessary.
- GP Sceptics pod3: Pain
Tag Archives: GP
As a small town doctor, your lifestyle choices are in the public domain. Best to pretend you always make the right ones. Continue reading
I dedicated one day in clinic to try to treat every individual as a statistic. My outcomes were brilliant. The individuals weren’t too happy. Continue reading
It turns out pharmaceutical and device companies court nurses as well as doctors. Podcast guest Quinn Grundy is on the case. Continue reading
Do salmon cause salmon-pink rashes? Strawberries cause strawberry tongues?Do textbook cases of rashes even exist outside textbooks? Continue reading
I’m beginning to suspect a connection between mostly harmless and mostly useless. Continue reading
GPs in some countries have a fleeting moment to do what takes me 15 minutes. Can less be more? Continue reading
We grill the resilient Dr Genevieve Yates about what it takes for doctors to thrive in a tough environment. Work-life balance, as it turns out, might be a false dichotomy. Continue reading
I specialise in managing chaos. I am the lion who watches, the uncertainty whisperer. Just a GP, really. Continue reading