- Post-truth therapy: alternative medicine with alternative facts
- Drug seeker basted me like a turkey
- 48-second GP consultations
- ‘Junior’ doctors: what’s in a label?
- GP Sceptics podcast 12: Doctors’ resilience
- GP Sceptics podcast 11: Medically Unexplained Symptoms
- How to measure med student empathy
- The Fed endures, and so must we
- Tamiflu: an expensive lesson in panic stockpiling
- GP Sceptics podcast 10: GPs at the Deep End
- Pain clinics: how did such a fresh idea turn sour?
- Not just a GP – I’m your specialist in uncertainty
- GP Sceptics podcast 9: The Environment
- Let’s celebrate the bolt-cutter surgeon
- Greater transparency on specialist fees: a no-brainer
- Four Corners Big Vitamins exposé: cuts both ways
- Five reasons why I’d still encourage my child to do medicine
- GP Sceptics podcast 8: Marketing
- Google Health Cards: the first test drive
- GP sceptics podcast 7: EBM Hijacked!
- Does the weather affect our joints?
- GP Sceptics podcast 6: Obesity – Christmas edition
- Anne Deveson, who destigmatised schizophrenia
- Why ‘medicine for the rich’ is sometimes inevitable
- GP Sceptics podcast 5: Lyme disease…don’t get sold a lemon
- GP Sceptics podcast 4: Addiction
- Homeopathy: US mandates ‘No evidence’ labels
- With Obamacare gone, how will Trumpcare affect US health?
- Mothers, don’t plan on early delivery unless it’s medically necessary.
- GP Sceptics pod3: Pain
- GP Sceptics podcast 2: Diabetes
- Starts at 60 interview
- GP Sceptics podcast 1: Big Soda
- Coffee – safe even if your heart is a bit dicky
- Do GPs ever regret referrals?
- Pharma targeting nurses for ‘education’
- Deprescribing: a fancy word for ceasing?
- Eat like an Italian
- Diagnostic health apps: coming soon to your smart phone.
- Paracetamol and pregnancy: what’s the fuss?
Tag Archives: sceptic
We grill the resilient Dr Genevieve Yates about what it takes for doctors to thrive in a tough environment. Work-life balance, as it turns out, might be a false dichotomy. Continue reading
We interview the Dutch GP who wrote the guide on the difficult art of dealing with patients whose symptoms persist after all reasonable efforts to diagnose them have failed. A fascinating topic because it is both common and perplexing. Continue reading
Having trouble ‘selling’ lifestyle modification to your patients? Turns out that doctors can learn a lot from marketers, the sales experts. Continue reading
Joined by our ‘third nerd’ Dr Casey Parker, we delve into the dark side of EBM. Have RCTs and p-values been hijacked? Evidence-based nerds should remain sceptical about their own weapons. Continue reading
A podcast on obesity – the perfect Christmas gift for GPs. Liz is doing a PhD on obesity management in general practice, so Justin mainly just listens in awe. Continue reading
Lyme disease down under – myth or legend? Prof Frank Bowden from ANU tells it from a sceptic’s perspective. Bonus talk: sentinel chickens and sex before sport. Continue reading
Guest GP Dr Hester Wilson, drug & alcohol specialist, discusses baclofen for alcohol addiction. And sings opera. Continue reading