- Tiwi GP – I can run, but can’t hide
- Coleman’s guide to poisoning and the dark arts
- Bad Habits
- Avoiding doctors like the plague
- Podcast 14: Alcohol-related harm in general practice
- Managing diabetes is not all about expensive medication
- My perfect medical statistics day
- GP Sceptics podcast 13: Nurses’ conflicts-of-interest
- A textbook case walked into the room
- Vitamins: mostly harmless, mostly profitable
- Post-truth therapy: alternative medicine with alternative facts
- Drug seeker basted me like a turkey
- 48-second GP consultations
- ‘Junior’ doctors: what’s in a label?
- GP Sceptics podcast 12: Doctors’ resilience
- GP Sceptics podcast 11: Medically Unexplained Symptoms
- How to measure med student empathy
- The Fed endures, and so must we
- Tamiflu: an expensive lesson in panic stockpiling
- GP Sceptics podcast 10: GPs at the Deep End
- Pain clinics: how did such a fresh idea turn sour?
- Not just a GP – I’m your specialist in uncertainty
- GP Sceptics podcast 9: The Environment
- Let’s celebrate the bolt-cutter surgeon
- Greater transparency on specialist fees: a no-brainer
- Four Corners Big Vitamins exposé: cuts both ways
- Five reasons why I’d still encourage my child to do medicine
- GP Sceptics podcast 8: Marketing
- Google Health Cards: the first test drive
- GP sceptics podcast 7: EBM Hijacked!
- Does the weather affect our joints?
- GP Sceptics podcast 6: Obesity – Christmas edition
- Anne Deveson, who destigmatised schizophrenia
- Why ‘medicine for the rich’ is sometimes inevitable
- GP Sceptics podcast 5: Lyme disease…don’t get sold a lemon
- GP Sceptics podcast 4: Addiction
- Homeopathy: US mandates ‘No evidence’ labels
- With Obamacare gone, how will Trumpcare affect US health?
- Mothers, don’t plan on early delivery unless it’s medically necessary.
- GP Sceptics pod3: Pain
Category Archives: medical writing
As a small town doctor, your lifestyle choices are in the public domain. Best to pretend you always make the right ones. Continue reading
Of all nature’s poisonous creatures, the two-legged doctor is the most dangerous. Continue reading
Surviving childhood without doctors is not hard…except for the doctors. Continue reading
I dedicated one day in clinic to try to treat every individual as a statistic. My outcomes were brilliant. The individuals weren’t too happy. Continue reading
Do salmon cause salmon-pink rashes? Strawberries cause strawberry tongues?Do textbook cases of rashes even exist outside textbooks? Continue reading
I’m beginning to suspect a connection between mostly harmless and mostly useless. Continue reading
Last week’s Senate bill gives the green light to a thousand unsubstantiated alternative health claims. An advertiser’s smorgasbord. Continue reading
Some people excel at obtaining prescription drugs to sell. Even the crustiest doctors sometimes get done over like a dinner. Here’s my turkey story. Continue reading