- Tiwi GP – I can run, but can’t hide
- Coleman’s guide to poisoning and the dark arts
- Bad Habits
- Avoiding doctors like the plague
- Podcast 14: Alcohol-related harm in general practice
- Managing diabetes is not all about expensive medication
- My perfect medical statistics day
- GP Sceptics podcast 13: Nurses’ conflicts-of-interest
- A textbook case walked into the room
- Vitamins: mostly harmless, mostly profitable
- Post-truth therapy: alternative medicine with alternative facts
- Drug seeker basted me like a turkey
- 48-second GP consultations
- ‘Junior’ doctors: what’s in a label?
- GP Sceptics podcast 12: Doctors’ resilience
- GP Sceptics podcast 11: Medically Unexplained Symptoms
- How to measure med student empathy
- The Fed endures, and so must we
- Tamiflu: an expensive lesson in panic stockpiling
- GP Sceptics podcast 10: GPs at the Deep End
- Pain clinics: how did such a fresh idea turn sour?
- Not just a GP – I’m your specialist in uncertainty
- GP Sceptics podcast 9: The Environment
- Let’s celebrate the bolt-cutter surgeon
- Greater transparency on specialist fees: a no-brainer
- Four Corners Big Vitamins exposé: cuts both ways
- Five reasons why I’d still encourage my child to do medicine
- GP Sceptics podcast 8: Marketing
- Google Health Cards: the first test drive
- GP sceptics podcast 7: EBM Hijacked!
- Does the weather affect our joints?
- GP Sceptics podcast 6: Obesity – Christmas edition
- Anne Deveson, who destigmatised schizophrenia
- Why ‘medicine for the rich’ is sometimes inevitable
- GP Sceptics podcast 5: Lyme disease…don’t get sold a lemon
- GP Sceptics podcast 4: Addiction
- Homeopathy: US mandates ‘No evidence’ labels
- With Obamacare gone, how will Trumpcare affect US health?
- Mothers, don’t plan on early delivery unless it’s medically necessary.
- GP Sceptics pod3: Pain
Tag Archives: skeptic
It turns out pharmaceutical and device companies court nurses as well as doctors. Podcast guest Quinn Grundy is on the case. Continue reading
We grill the resilient Dr Genevieve Yates about what it takes for doctors to thrive in a tough environment. Work-life balance, as it turns out, might be a false dichotomy. Continue reading
We interview the Dutch GP who wrote the guide on the difficult art of dealing with patients whose symptoms persist after all reasonable efforts to diagnose them have failed. A fascinating topic because it is both common and perplexing. Continue reading
Having trouble ‘selling’ lifestyle modification to your patients? Turns out that doctors can learn a lot from marketers, the sales experts. Continue reading
Joined by our ‘third nerd’ Dr Casey Parker, we delve into the dark side of EBM. Have RCTs and p-values been hijacked? Evidence-based nerds should remain sceptical about their own weapons. Continue reading
A podcast on obesity – the perfect Christmas gift for GPs. Liz is doing a PhD on obesity management in general practice, so Justin mainly just listens in awe. Continue reading
Lyme disease down under – myth or legend? Prof Frank Bowden from ANU tells it from a sceptic’s perspective. Bonus talk: sentinel chickens and sex before sport. Continue reading