- The Fed endures, and so must we
- Tamiflu: an expensive lesson in panic stockpiling
- GP Sceptics podcast 10: GPs at the Deep End
- Pain clinics: how did such a fresh idea turn sour?
- Not just a GP – I’m your specialist in uncertainty
- GP Sceptics podcast 9: The Environment
- Let’s celebrate the bolt-cutter surgeon
- Greater transparency on specialist fees: a no-brainer
- Four Corners Big Vitamins exposé: cuts both ways
- Five reasons why I’d still encourage my child to do medicine
- GP Sceptics podcast 8: Marketing
- Google Health Cards: the first test drive
- GP sceptics podcast 7: EBM Hijacked!
- Does the weather affect our joints?
- GP Sceptics podcast 6: Obesity – Christmas edition
- Anne Deveson, who destigmatised schizophrenia
- Why ‘medicine for the rich’ is sometimes inevitable
- GP Sceptics podcast 5: Lyme disease…don’t get sold a lemon
- GP Sceptics podcast 4: Addiction
- Homeopathy: US mandates ‘No evidence’ labels
- With Obamacare gone, how will Trumpcare affect US health?
- Mothers, don’t plan on early delivery unless it’s medically necessary.
- GP Sceptics pod3: Pain
- GP Sceptics podcast 2: Diabetes
- Starts at 60 interview
- GP Sceptics podcast 1: Big Soda
- Coffee – safe even if your heart is a bit dicky
- Do GPs ever regret referrals?
- Pharma targeting nurses for ‘education’
- Deprescribing: a fancy word for ceasing?
- Eat like an Italian
- Diagnostic health apps: coming soon to your smart phone.
- Paracetamol and pregnancy: what’s the fuss?
- Does complementary medicine equal anti-vax?
- Pharmacy business model: consumers at risk
- Does high antibiotic use prevent serious complications?
- World’s best video animation about pharmacists in GP-land
- We doctors must lift our game on antibiotics
- Weight-loss surgery: really the most radical treatment in a century?
- My last laugh
Tag Archives: social determinants
Dr Tim Senior discusses working with disadvantaged populations. Justin discusses anti-ageing (for mice). Liz cooks up her first ever special source. Continue reading →
Dr George Crisp from Doctors for the Environment Australia tackles the big questions. Are individual health interventions as effective as population ones, and should Justin wear lycra? Liz isn’t convinced. Continue reading →