- GP Sceptics podcast 10: GPs at the Deep End
- Pain clinics: how did such a fresh idea turn sour?
- Not just a GP – I’m your specialist in uncertainty
- GP Sceptics podcast 9: The Environment
- Let’s celebrate the bolt-cutter surgeon
- Greater transparency on specialist fees: a no-brainer
- Four Corners Big Vitamins exposé: cuts both ways
- Five reasons why I’d still encourage my child to do medicine
- GP Sceptics podcast 8: Marketing
- Google Health Cards: the first test drive
- GP sceptics podcast 7: EBM Hijacked!
- Does the weather affect our joints?
- GP Sceptics podcast 6: Obesity – Christmas edition
- Anne Deveson, who destigmatised schizophrenia
- Why ‘medicine for the rich’ is sometimes inevitable
- GP Sceptics podcast 5: Lyme disease…don’t get sold a lemon
- GP Sceptics podcast 4: Addiction
- Homeopathy: US mandates ‘No evidence’ labels
- With Obamacare gone, how will Trumpcare affect US health?
- Mothers, don’t plan on early delivery unless it’s medically necessary.
- GP Sceptics pod3: Pain
- GP Sceptics podcast 2: Diabetes
- Starts at 60 interview
- GP Sceptics podcast 1: Big Soda
- Coffee – safe even if your heart is a bit dicky
- Do GPs ever regret referrals?
- Pharma targeting nurses for ‘education’
- Deprescribing: a fancy word for ceasing?
- Eat like an Italian
- Diagnostic health apps: coming soon to your smart phone.
- Paracetamol and pregnancy: what’s the fuss?
- Does complementary medicine equal anti-vax?
- Pharmacy business model: consumers at risk
- Does high antibiotic use prevent serious complications?
- World’s best video animation about pharmacists in GP-land
- We doctors must lift our game on antibiotics
- Weight-loss surgery: really the most radical treatment in a century?
- My last laugh
- Do you know what you don’t know? Want to find out?
- Calling all hospitals: reduce Pharma marketing
Tag Archives: advertising
One ABC report examines ‘Big Vitamins’ marketing techniques, as another exposes Big Pharma. Same coin. Both sides need exposing. Continue reading
Last Friday on the Seven Network’s Today Tonight (TT), an episode on arthritis featured respected GP Dr Robert Menz, who gave a very solid interview – warning about the over-use of opioid medications, and promoting exercise and weight loss. Dr … Continue reading
Recently I have found myself becoming more pugilistic and less pusillanimous. Or, to use fewer ‘pu’ words, more disputative and less tentative. Simpler still – and with apologies to women and rats – more man and less mouse. Not for … Continue reading
In the month since first appearing on the 7.30 Report, the No Advertising Please campaign has gained substantial media interest, reaching the shores of the US and UK. (Updates 6 Nov in red) Below are links to all the TV, radio, print and video … Continue reading